Balsamic Sausage Tray Bake!
This one is super easy to make and only takes 40 mins from start to finish. A nice one for the kids too if they have a sweet tooth! I actually got the recipe inspo from @deliciousmag , it’s one that Lew used to make for us ages ago, so thought we’d rehash that one for tonight’s dinner.
* Start by peeling and chopping up 650g of Albert Bartlett potatoes and pop them into some salted water on the boil as those are going to make your mashed potatoes to go with the tray bake.
***I’m using two large oven trays to spread this recipe out evenly between the two, but this will serve four people***
* Slice, or quarter your red onions (216g) and share between both trays
* Slice up three yellow peppers (245g) and one red pepper (79g) and chuck those evenly between the two trays
* Slice three cloves of garlic and add those in too
* I also chucked in three salad tomatoes (316g), quartered, just to use them up because they were on the turn
* Drizzle over a couple of tablespoons of olive oil between both trays and then give all the contents a really good mix up with your hands
* Now evenly lay the sausages (775g) across both trays
* Pop into a preheated oven (200°C) and bake for 15 minutes
* Remove from the oven and mix in the balsamic vinegar (1.5tbsps) dried oregano (1tbsp) and runny honey (1tbsp)
* Placed back into the oven for another 15 minutes to ensure the sausages and veggies are cooked
* Dish up evenly into four portions, and serve with buttery, mashed potato 😍
Honestly, this is a sweet, sticky taste sensation and the sausages absolutely make it! They’re so thick and juicy, you have to try them! 734 calories, 4 servings and approx £2.65 per portion.
Thank you @farehamfoodie